Can we stop saying NoSQL? I’m really tired of describing things by what they’re not.
I’d much rather describe them by what they are.
- “This is a JSON document store”
- “This is an object store”
- “This is a key-value store”
- “This is a graph database”
- “This is a distributed table”
- “This is a thinly veiled attempt at doing something that could have been implemented with Postgres”
- “This is me not caring about ACID guarantees and calling it statistical sampling”
- “My filesystem is a key-value store, get off my back”
In reality, I have little experience with most of the systems indirectly mentioned here. I’d like to find the right tool(s) for the job to make...